How Nirmata Enables Enterprise-Wide Kubernetes
KubeCon conferences routinely provide the best opportunities for the cloud computing and open source community to share practices and tips from their own Kubernetes experiences. KubeCon 2018 was no exception, as I had the privilege to share with Krishnan Subramanian, Chief Research Advisor of Rishidot Research LLC what Nirmata has been developing in the application management space and the expansion of our platform capability to enterprise-wide.
Mainstream enterprises are in search of a flexible platform, one that allows for running enterprise-wide Kubernetes on a public or private cloud, the ability to use managed Kubernetes services, and the capability to manage traditional, serverless, microservices applications. Our understanding of these demands has informed Nirmata’s thoughtful construction of a platform that meets the needs of the enterprise today. Whether you are in IT operations, part of a middleware team or on the DevOps team, Nirmata ensures that your environment is fully optimized and running.
Advantages of using Nirmata’s flexible platform for Enterprise Kubernetes
- You can easily try out a new version of Kubernetes without waiting for a new version of Nirmata to be released.
- When a security vulnerability is discovered in Kubernetes, you simply upgrade your cluster without upgrading the Nirmata platform.
- Nirmata is decoupled from the Kubernetes layer so you don’t need to upgrade the whole management layer when upgrading your clusters.
- Nirmata eliminates the complexity of operating clusters by providing a single pane of glass for managing multiple Kubernetes clusters independent of how and where these clusters are deployed.
- Nirmata supports different types of workloads – traditional, microservices and functions (future)
- Nirmata supports containers and virtual machines (future)
The Typical Customer Journey
- Onboard clusters
- Deploy cluster-wide services (i.e. logging, monitoring, security)
- Setup users and teams
- Create environments for teams
- Set up automated software delivery pipelines
- Deploy, manage, troubleshoot applications
- Proactively be notified when things don’t work
Interested in finding out where we are headed with the product? Check out the video interview: