Effective Date: January 26, 2015
Information Collection and Use:
Personally Identifiable Information.
- In the course of using our Services, you may provide us with personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, credit card or other billing information, email address and home and business postal addresses. We use your Personal Information mainly to provide our services and administer your inquiries. For example, when you register with us through the Site or our software, we will ask you for Personal Information.
- If you sign up to use any of our Services using login credentials for an account you have with a third-party identity provider (such as GitHub or LinkedIn), we will receive your public profile, email address, and other Personal Information associated with that third-party account to the extent permitted by the information-sharing policies and settings that apply to that account.
- We also collect any other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration and personalization of your account (which may include, for example, your zip code or your individual preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information”).
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Services to you, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Nirmata users to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the service and to analyze and understand how our Site and Services are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
Log Data. When you use the Services, whether as a registered user or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a “Nirmata User”), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website, and our software products and services may collect other technical information when they are used by registered users (collectively, “Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, features of our software that are used, error codes received, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Services and for the Services’ technical administration, to increase our Services’ functionality and user-friendliness, to diagnose errors and provide users with technical support, and to better tailor the Services to our visitors’ needs. We also use this information to verify that Nirmata Users meet the criteria required to process their requests. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information or use it in association with other Personal Information, except as needed to provide support to the owner of that Personal Information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. The cookies we place on your computer may be associated with your Nirmata account.
We use session ID cookies to provide you with continuity of access to the Services within each session, to enable certain features of the Services, to better understand how you interact with the Services and to monitor aggregate usage by Nirmata Users and web traffic routing on the Services. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of our Services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our services, to provide our services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Services’ features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used. These third parties will not have access to your Personal Information unless they need it to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Nirmata cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Nirmata, Inc. or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. Nirmata, Inc. may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Nirmata, Inc. employs administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. This includes utilizing Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), which encrypts information you input, and storing your passwords and other sensitive information in encrypted form behind a firewall designed to block access from outside our network.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Our Policy Toward Children
This Site is not directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Nirmata. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services contain links to other websites. If you choose to follow such a link (for example, by clicking on a third-party advertisement on the Site), you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website or present an advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.